Schierke in summer mode
Thanks to our AST multifunction solutions, the Schierker Feuerstein Arena isn’t only the place to be for winter sport enthusiasts. In summer, the AST icephalt area provides a perfect place to play and have fun at and is equipped with a boulder wall, a summer ice rink, a slackline, a bouncy castle and a playground. According to the motto „Keep moving“ all kids are invited to have a good time at the new outdoor arena, which is protected against the rain, thanks to an innovative membrane roof. Parents and companions can refresh themselves with a cold drink at the adjacent Mephisto bar without losing sight of their children.
The AST Icephalt system, which was used in Schierke, is designed for permanent indoor and outdoor skating venues.
The refrigeration tubing is embedded in an asphalt covering layer and then covered over with a special asphalt. This enables the elastic properties of the asphalt to be retained and prevents cracks from forming, even with large temperature differences. The AST Icephalt ice rink is based on an innovative, uncomplicated building process, which significantly shortens construction time, and thus also reduces costs.
Advantages of the asphalt ice rink:
• Dual use: ice rink in winter, sports surface in summer
• Suitable for the application of various sporting surfaces, etc.
• Asphalt surface can be used for solar energy generation during the summer
• Flexible shape of the ice surface possible
• Short construction time, no curing time, as is the case for concrete pistes